Technical Support Specialist - Level II
NeoLore Networks Inc. is currently seeking a HelpDesk Technician to join our existing technical support team and to provide outstanding technical support to NeoLore customers. The Helpdesk Support Technician is responsible for trouble shooting and resolving desktop and backup issues. The HelpDesk Technician needs to be very thorough, organized, and be able to manage time effectively in our busy environment.
The ideal candidate will have 2+ year hands-on Windows XP Pro/Windows 7 desktop support experience, exceptional communication skills in English and French, excellent prioritization skills, and attention to detail with a strong drive for success.
Salary Range = 40K to 45K per year
- 2+ years experience in direct technical support
- Technical experience with Windows Server 2008, Windows XPP, Windows 7
- Technical experience with Symantec Backup Exec and Symantec Multitier Protection
- Experience working with Ticket logging software programs
- Experience supporting MS Outlook, Word, and Windows Operating Systems Troubleshooting skills
- Experience interacting with clients under challenging circumstances
- Able to achieve industry certification within 3 months. (MCP)
- Strong written and oral communication skills (English and French)
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time/issues effectively
- Strong customer handling skills with the ability to manage customer escalations and expectations
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Troubleshooting and resolving network problems
- Perform a variety of network incident and problem analysis, monitor tasks and network management systems and respond appropriately to user requests, incidents and problems
- Provide advice and technical guidance to end users and technical resources as the situation warrants
- Maintain liaison with end users and technical resources to communicate the status of incident and problem resolution to the end users; log and track requests for assistance;
- Prioritize and troubleshoot complex problems and provide complete solutions to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Liaise with end users to ensure maintenance of accounts and software, and to advise end users of upgrades, additions and/or changes to IM/IT resources or configuration prior to their execution
- Enter detailed resolutions into our Ticketing System for completed service calls.
- Promote knowledge transfer to influence positive change and strengthen the team's performance
- Create documentation including Knowledge Base articles
- Administer VPN access.
- Administer backup systems, as well as troubleshoot and maintain backups for various clients
- Work closely with other companies within IT to resolve issues (ISP’s, Cabling Companies, Hosting Companies etc)
- Install setup and maintain various software applications.
- Troubleshoot end user issues.
- Emergency Pager duties
- Afterhours work may be required
- A vehicle is required for this job